Checkmate! (ALBUM+DVD)(Japan Version)

Monday, March 10, 2008

OLIVIA - Color Of Your Spoon


Buy it at:
Yesasia.com
Title: Color Of Your Spoon
Artist: OLIVIA
Genre: pop, rock
Format: Single
Release date: 10.04.2000
Label: Avex Trax                                    
About:
This time OLIVIA served us a ballad - very calm, very relaxing. Color Of Your Spood is about childhood, memories and feelings that remain inside us even when we're adults. This song is like a colage to me... Just imagine you have many different pieces to make a picture and you put them altogether. That's how verses in Color Of Your Spoon are constructed. OLIVIA just sings single words. They may not seem related but they make a whole. I don't know if I'm clear enough, I'm sorry ^_^' but you will get what I mean if you listen to the song;)
As for b-sides... Grapefruit Tea isn't my favourite, enough said. But Lettuce Garden is in my opinion the best out of three from the single. It has great lyrics (it's in english). I like it how the music is getting stronger in chorus and OLIVIA's voice is mixed there really well. I feel it's a pity that it didn't make it to the Syncrinocity album instead of Grapefruit Tea but maybe that's just me...
The single reached #30 at Oricon chart (good position, but I don't think it's better that Dekinai:/).
Download:
  1. Color Of Your Spoon
  2. Grapefruit Tea
  3. Lettuce Garden
Full album:megaupload link

No comments: